Are you someone who gets excited about working with a great technology organization that leverages U.S. and global teams, develops solutions for multiple companies, and explores new and innovative solutions? Awesome – we’ve been looking for you! TMNAS will immerse you in a collaborative culture that is business-focused, people-passionate, and dedicated to helping our Tokio Marine Group companies exceed their goals and deliver the excellent customer engagement we’re known for. We are equally as passionate about our employees loving their work. We offer a broad array of training and education opportunities to keep them freshly skilled and growing, and flexibility in choosing a workplace and arrangements that help them thrive. If you want to join us and help us shape the future of insurance technology and operations, apply today!
With guidance from business analysis team management and business relationship manager(s), gathers and documents business, technical, and/or functional requirements for a wide variety of IT initiatives. Provides third-level, day-to-day IT user support and facilitates and/or performs user acceptance testing for an identified selection of software applications. Communicates IT initiative scope and requirements to application development teams, and communicates software application capabilities and limitations to business teams.
The IT initiatives and applications supported by this position vary widely, and include both insurance industry-specific (e.g. policy administration, billing, and/or claims systems) applications, as well as applications related to areas not specific to the insurance industry, including, but not limited to human resources, general accounting and finance, customer relationship management, IT administration, project or resource management, and more.
- Works closely with Tokio Marine IT and business teams to gather and document business, technical, and/or functional requirements for a wide variety of software applications
- In close collaboration with business relationship manager(s) and enterprise architect(s), solicits input from IT and business management and supporting personnel to accurately document the scope of forthcoming IT initiatives, and presents identified scope in review meetings
- In collaboration with other business analysts, provides day-to-day third-level (i.e. advanced/escalated) support for an identified selection of software applications, troubleshooting issues as they arise, and documenting solutions as they are identified
- Supports the planning and execution of user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Communicates business requirements to software application development teams (based both inside and outside the U.S.)
- Communicates software application capabilities and limitations to business teams
- Regularly completes a number of reports (e.g. status reports, various bi-weekly or monthly business-facing reports)
- Writes technical documents (quick reference guides, user guides, and other supporting materials), as assigned
Other Job Functions
- Occasionally, designs and delivers live or recorded software application training sessions, typically geared toward business teams
- Occasionally creates wireframes and/or UI mock-ups to facilitate discussion or provide additional detail in documentation
- Works with business or IT teams on process improvement-related projects
- Complies with internal controls and policies (e.g. Records Information Management, Data Governance, etc.) as relevant to assigned initiatives and/or applications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in IT business analysis OR 7+ years of technical writing and/or technical training experience
- 7+ years of experience working with some combination of: insurance-related systems, human resources-related systems, and/or accounting and finance-related systems
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills; this position is ideal for a technical writer or technical trainer who is looking to shift into business analysis, or a business analyst with significant technical writing experience
- Strong facilitation and active listening skills; the ability to lead effective requirements gathering sessions
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience with UI/design specs/wireframes
- Ability to lead and manage small/medium projects
- Ability to work effectively as part of a highly responsive, close-knit team
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
- Salary range $78,700 to $100,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.