Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Responsible for performing the financial planning, budgeting, expense management, and analytical activities for TMNAS and the Business Units it supports.
- Assists in preparation of company-wide planning model
- Prepares annual operating production and expense budgets in conjunction with department heads
- Prepares, analyzes, and interprets Actual vs. Budget variances
- Develops and prepares financial models to interpret underwriting results and provides insight to the Business Units on actual performance
- Provides support to Business Units to help them fully understand the content of the standard budget reports
- Establishes and builds strong working relations and partnerships with Business Units and Senior Management
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
Degree/ Licenses/ Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required
- 2+ years accounting/finance experience in the Insurance industry required
- IBM Planning Analytics or other budget/planning software experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Insurance business, GAAP, STAT, and IFRS accounting and finance, and actuarial concepts.
- Insurance/reinsurance finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, reporting, and ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, preferred
- Basic SQL language knowledge or willingness to learn required
- Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills: able to work with a variety of people and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical ability with the capability to determine the root cause of problems and issues and provide solutions
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing, frequently changing time-sensitive deadlines and priorities
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.