About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Underwrite commercial risks in accordance with Tokio MarineManagement’scorporate goals and guidelines. Stay within individual authority as designated on written authority statement. Assist the AVP Eastern Region and/or Executive Technical Underwriters in achieving retention, time service, data quality, regulatory compliance and production goals for the GBU Eastern region team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review new business, renewals and endorsement requests.
- Analyze all information provided.
- Obtain additional information as needed to determine acceptability based on underwriting guidelines and sound judgment.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with producers.
- Utilize effective sales and negotiation skills to obtain and retain accounts on the most profitable terms available to TMM.
- Work closely with other internal departments such as loss control, claims, premium audit and accounting to meet client service goals and increase knowledge on accounts.
- Follow TMM and department of insurance guidelines to ensure profitability and legality of your book of business.
- Make use of current TMM technology specifically On Base to process your work and maintain all documentation as required by internal guidelines.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at company.
- Assist Executive Underwriters and AVP Eastern Region in developing underwriting information, and analyzing and evaluating risks on large, complex new business and renewals.
- Solicits renewal information, prepare draft quotes and process new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations, under the direction of the Underwriter or AVP Eastern Region.
- Automatically process non-money endorsements based on select criteria developed by the Underwriter.
- Review and automatically process monthly audit billings/endorsements based on select criteria developed by the AVP Eastern Region.
- Assist with conditional notices, endorsement information, state filings and, cancellation and non-renewal notices.
- Assists on premium accounting problems or issues.
- Provide support to other underwriting units both locally or nationally as directed by the AVP Eastern Region.
- As directed by the AVP Eastern Region, perform a quality control audit on select policies to ensure consistency and regulatory compliance.
- Complete projects as assigned by the Executive Underwriters and/or AVP Eastern Region.
- Initiate communication with agents and brokers over the phone, in writing, via email and any other sources to collect essential underwriting information.
- Properly document the underwriting file to meet all compliance requirements.
- Create additional file and policy documentation either through Word/Excel, etc. as directed by the Underwriter or AVP Eastern Region.
- Answer brokers, AEO’s/Client Solutions and marketing’s requests for status of accounts.
- Maintain both manual and automated logs for internal reporting and compliance requirements as directed by the Team Leader.
- Interface with members of the team on a daily basis.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities of the Company.
- Attend internal or external meetings as directed by the AVP Eastern Region.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience in the underwriting field
- 2+ years of experience in insurance preferred
- Knowledge of technical assistant / rating commercial and/or risk management underwriting
- Strong oral and written communication; and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word programs; strong, proficient PC skills.
- Demonstrated history of strong work ethic and initiative
- Participation in insurance continuing educational programs a plus.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.