Job ID: 1007797
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2022
Department ID: MI0901 UW - Mgmt & Prof Liability
Company: Maguire Insurance Agency Inc
Philadelphia Insurance Companies, a member of the Tokio Marine Group, designs, markets and underwrites commercial property/casualty and professional liability insurance products for select industries. We have been in operation since 1962 and are nationally recognized as a member of Ward's Top 50 and rated A++ by A.M.Best.
We are looking for a Specialty Underwriter to join our Management and Professional Liability team in Bala Cynwdy, PA or Ewing, NJ!
This key role will produce and underwrite management liability business for retail agents and wholesale brokers, as well as underwriting D&O, E&O, Cyber and Crime. At PHLY you have the opportunity to continually develop your underwriting knowledge, sales acumen, and distribution management skills while working with some of the best agents in the country. Great opportunity for an experienced Underwriter looking for company that provides autonomy, support and senior level authority, while working in a team environment.
A typical day will include the following:
• Determine acceptability, conditions, and pricing of specific management and professional liability insurance products and agree on coverage within regulatory requirements, corporate product offerings and authority level.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of loss experience and business conditions of key accounts as well as loss trends and any relevant legal or economic factors regarding the management liability business
• Participate on a team of underwriters and other staff to meet the management and professional liability insurance and service needs of large multi-product customers.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all products, services, priorities and target markets in the management and professional liability line of business or insurance segment.
• Market products to Agency partners within assigned territory. This role will also accompany PHLY Marketing Representatives to meetings when product expertise is needed
Bachelor's degree or equivalent is strongly preferred but not required
3+ years of underwriting experience in professional liability with carrier or broker; D&O, E&O, Cyber preferred
Must have demonstrated marketing and agency development skills/experience
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.