Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
We are looking for a qualified Programmer to join our high performing team that delivers and supports services across the U.S. and Mexico to the North American businesses of the Tokio Marine Group. You will lead and/or participate in the configuration, development, and maintenance of enterprise contents including documents, letters and forms, and configuration of new and existing products in the insurance suite.
You will work with our Enterprise Architects and other teams to analyze and understand business/data requirements and process flows and develop solutions to meet those requirements. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated, directed, and a passionate hands on developer who is quick at analysis and resolving issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead/participate in the analysis, requirements, design, configuration, and technical implementation of different documents and configuration metadata for insurance applications.
- Participate in the identification and documentation of business, functional, and technical problems.
- Participate in the development and analysis of business requirements documents.
- Responsible for the design and development of documents, forms and applications configuration according to provided technical specifications and business requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of SDLC artifacts related to implementation.
- Research, evaluate and provide input to potential solutions taking into consideration project constraints, organizational architecture standards, customer business processes, and emerging technologies where applicable.
- Participate in the development of work tasks, estimates, schedules, materials and plans to meet business needs.
- Communicate technical recommendations back to business analysts, subject matter experts and end users.
- Work collaboratively with Architects, Business Analysts, technical leads, QA teams, and subject matter experts of the various upstream and downstream systems in the design and development of solutions to meet business needs.
- Lead/Participate in on-going operational L3 support and maintenance.
- Manage production support tickets in terms of severity.
- Provide resolution of support tickets and ad hoc requests per established SLAs.
- Provide resolution of various issues reported.
- Ensure accuracy of the implementation through unit testing.
- Maintain coding best practices and standards. Ensure that the best practices are enforced and followed during the development process with various team members.
- Support QA and UAT execution and deployments in various environments.
- Support offshore and junior developers by providing advice and technical support on their development tasks.
- Plan and create release packages of various applications and related components, working with the release management team
- Align to the maintenance and enforcement of SDLC processes, departmental standards, style requirements and all other procedures necessary for data and system integrity.
- Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company
Degree / Licenses and Professional Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent professional experience is preferred
- Training or Certification in SmartCommunications is preferred
- 5+ years of overall IT experience
- 3+ years of enterprise system analysis, design, development and implementation experience
- 3 years of experience working with configuration tools and applications metadata
- 3+ years of development experience using document authoring tools such as SmartCommunications, Thunderhead or XStream
- 3 years of experience with writing T-SQL or SQL
- Experience with Data Modeling, Advanced Template Designer and Appliances/API in SmartCommunications
- Experience with XML/XSLT/XPATH
- Experience writing business requirements or functional specifications
- Experience working with source code repositories
- Experience with scripting tool like Powershell is a plus
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance terminologies and processes, ISO Circulars is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Knowledge of deployment automation tools like Octopus, ADO build pipelines and DevOps practices is a plus
- Knowledge of SDLC and software support and maintenance approaches like Scrum and Waterfall
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies for planning and executing application development, enhancement, or support
- Knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhance functionality into a production environment
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.