Tokio Marine North America Services (TMNAS) provides professional support services to Tokio Marine Group companies in the United States, including Tokio Marine America, First Insurance Company of Hawaii, and Philadelphia Insurance Companies. Customer service is our focus and our passion! TMNAS adds value in all that we do, providing the best professional service to our business partners, allowing them to achieve their goals. Our talented team delivers actuarial, audit, corporate communications, financial and investment, human capital services, information technology, legal, and payroll expertise to our customers.
Works collaboratively with the SVP of Talent Management and Organizational Development to execute multiple global leadership development programs. Specifically provides support, event planning, and program coordination for six to eight major offsites for 50-100 participants, plus 10-15 additional virtual trainings. Supports other enterprise talent development activities and events across North America.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages all aspects of content associated with the leadership program, including PPT Presentations, facilitator outlines, participant materials, handouts, and rosters. Provides drafting, updating, version control and copy editing. Develops participant packets, name tags, and gift items.
- Provides design and branding support for program materials and supplies.
- Administrates and coordinates a mentorship program for participants.
- Provides support for program teambuilding events: Researches vendors, analyzes options, provides pricing reviews, makes recommendations. Collaborates on the development of custom activities.
- Develops and executes participant communications, including pre-packets, pre-work instructions, participant correspondence. Develops and administrates a social media site dedicated to participant communications.
- Manages all program logistics, including hotel, transportation, catering, signage, displays, materials, facilities, and IT needs.
- Administrates the program’s project plan, ensuring alignment and completion of all related event tasks.
- Provides vendor management: Negotiates and administrates contracts with service providers; Manages BEOs; Handles all invoicing; Manages vendor appointments and communications. Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Manages program invoices and expense payments.
- Provides onsite event support.
- Ensures that standards and requirements are maintained on an on-going basis.
- Complies with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Performs special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2-4 years of experience working with event planning or conference management in a corporate, educational or non-profit setting with a focus on booking logistics: Hotels, caterers, transportation services, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience with vendor management/relations: Analysis of costs, negotiations, understanding of contracts and contract management, vendor selection process, invoicing and payment.
- HR or training experience a plus.
- Understanding of event planning process.
- Understanding of basic Human Resources, training, and/or talent development principles a plus.
- Superior project management skills: Plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of resources, to achieve project objectives and deadlines.
- Ability to administrate a social networking site: Set up user profiles, post documents and photos, update announcements.
- Superior writing skills: writing emails, drafting documents, copy editing.
- Superior customer service orientation: Responsive, courteous, and professional to program participants and key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially superior PowerPoint skills.
- Superior time management ability: Ability to multi-task, prioritize key rate determining factors, and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High problem solving skills: ability to independently analyze a situation and develop possible solutions, thinks creatively to improve processes and best end result.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently and without supervision.
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.